A little reintroduction..
Posted on March 28 2019
So it's been 2 and a half years since we opened the doors of Coltish (whaaaat!), and I feel like it might be time to reintroduce myself to anyone who may be wondering: Who the hell is this chick and that sweet boho-loving lady that sometimes features in her social media?
Well, my name is Kate, and I'm the owner, buyer and mother of this baby boutique, and the crazy old lady you may or may not have come across in store or on our instagram is in fact my sweet and ever so youthful mother, Ann!
Originally when we started the business, it was a partnership between me and my father (who is a silent partner, unfortunately for him he doesn't look quite as good in a dress as I do). Since then, Ann has joined the team and has become an invaluable part of the business. How lucky am I to be able to work alongside my beautiful mum on a daily basis? Answer: Extremely.
In the spirit of our reintroduction, here's a few things that you probably (definitely) will not know about me:
- I grew up in little old Adelaide, but was in fact born in a wee country town that many of us have passed through on the often humdrum road trip to our big sister city Melbourne, Nhill. Population of approximately 2,184, and my home town until the age of 4 years old.
- I studied fashion design at a college in Sydney, and soon after graduating I started my own swimwear line, Kato Swim, that we stock here in the boutique. 'Kato' being my highschool nickname. Ingenious, I know.
- I am a huge bookworm and am lucky enough to have a best friend who works for a large book publisher, so I frequently get the inside scoop on great reads, and even copies of books before they are released. I have my dad to thank for this for getting me into reading at a very early age, and have fond memories of demanding him read to me before bed each night as a little one.
- I consider myself hugely introverted, which makes working in a customer service environment and talking to strangers everyday quite challenging, but in a good way! Whilst I love to bury my nose in a book or indulge in some at home yoga most nights, I really believe in getting out of our comfort zones regularly as an important part of building character.
- Lastly, I am unashamedly, head over heels obsessed with my and my partner's pet staffy x kelpie x lion (we think) - Dusty! He is a very, very, VERY, good boy.
So, now that we've covered me, I'd love to get to know a bit more about our lovely customers, who, quite frankly, make all the highs and lows of running a teeny tiny business completely worth it. If you ever want to get in touch for a chat, have a burning question for me, or would like to know more about Coltish, don't be shy to conjure up an email and send it my way! email@example.com is where you can find us.
Hope to see you in store soon,